Looking for a fun way to make a difference? The 5th Annual Grocery Run takes place November 1, 2014 and planning is well underway. We’ve raised more than $64K for local hunger programs since 2010 and this is going to be our best year yet. Join us!
Our team is led by race directors Kerrie Merz and Susan Fox. Team leaders include:
- Jenny Hutkowski, Race-Day Logistics Queen and her legal counsel Michele Crain.
- Sarah Wisbey, branding genius.
- Post-Race Party Girl Jenny Bay
- Becky Picone, shepherding 100+ race-day volunteers.
- Director Emerita Bonny Claxton handles the budget & in-church registration.
- Christy Lutzer, inside communications.
- Paul Bishop & Bill Bay, course management & Safety Sams.
- Registration Boss Carol Eisenman.
- Dan Taylor, on-course music & mayhem.
- Dale Maddock, print & race day Pied Piper.
- Candice Lucas, all manner of kid-fun.
- Molly Perry, spirit wear super-model & sales.
- Ellen Rye, PR & crowd funding guru.
- Betsy Cox & Julie Kopp keep it real at the awards table.
- Griff Vinton gets us cleaned up & out of there before lunch.
- Lorenda Guaranski, Darby Thompson & Roxanne Boyer at-large.
The full planning team meets two to three times per year. Lots of small-team, task-specific meetings happen in between—sometimes via email, text and in passing at coffee hour. It’s all hands on deck on event day.
What’s in it for you? You get to work alongside the most fabulous & dedicated volunteers in Rochester for a common cause: to bring the community a top-notch event & raise money to put food on family tables and in children’s backpacks. What more could you want? Contact Kerrie or Susan to join the planning team or Becky to become a race day volunteer.